Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Winter in the Suburbs

It's been a while since I've written. School took a hectic turn with exams (the first one is tomorrow!) and job applications being sent out. The weather has since turned frigid, school has given out copious amounts of free food and booze, and I've spent an entire day, from 9 in the morning until 5:30 in the afternoon, in the library for the first time.

Cool stuff
1. Breakfast for dinner: the law school served us pancakes, eggs, bacon and sausages. I guess there's nothing better for sedentary law students than carbs and fat.
2. Snow!
3. The ice skating rink across the street from the law school opened: cheesy music and all. I went this afternoon after studying and only fell once.
4. A few classmates and I had breakfast with one of my professors
5. My law school friends took me to the most awesome-tastic dessert place in the city. 6 types of hot chocolate with homemade marshmallows. Brioche donuts dipped in fudge. Banana and butterscotch bread pudding.

We've only got 2 exams this quarter, one that apparently isn't even a "real" law school exam, whatever that means, so I suppose this exam season isn't so bad. Nonetheless, I've been studying a lot and my brain has turned a little mushy. I haven't even started applying for jobs yet, even while a friend of mine sent out over a hundred resumes and cover letters on December 1st. I'm definitely looking forward to winter break.




Winter means that I have the opportunity to bust out my new snow boots, which are awesome but cause my feet to majorly sweat indoors so I have to keep a pair of sneakers in my locker. Since I have them, sometimes I intentionally trudge through the snow (even though the sidewalks have been salted for my convenience) and locals stare at me like I'm crazy. Also, the high for Monday is supposed to be 9 degrees.

I've got my first exam tomorrow and my second is an 8-hour take-home exam next Monday. I head home a few days later. Unfortunately, I don't think this winter break is going to be a real break. I've got to apply for summer jobs and start outlining for next quarter. Hopefully I'll get a little fun in too.

1 comment:

Allie said...

1) Good luck on your exams! I'm sure you'll do well.

2) Let me know if you want to do anything over winter break. I don't have any ideas, but I will be around.

3) I want to see this magical ice rink! Pictures, please!